Tina Bove : Going back to my roots

Going back to my roots

Saturday, July 23, 2016

A little over a year ago I re-started my health and fitness journey after having Jack.  I desperately needed to lose 20 lbs so that I could fit back into my work clothes.  The scale didn’t seem to be moving and I felt LOST.  Luckily, I had a friend that was getting ready to start an online accountability group doing a program called PiYO.  PiYO is a wonderful blend of pilates and yoga.  Extremely low impact but high intensity.  You WILL be a sweaty mess after these workouts!  I knew that I needed to ease myself back into working out, especially after having a c-section 6 wks prior.  I signed up for her group and it was one of the BEST decisions I have ever made. 
With the support and accountability of the women in the group, I got my healthy eating habits and portion control back on track, I began drinking shakeology every morning for breakfast, and I got back into a workout routine (as much as you can with a newborn)!  Over those 8 weeks, I lost 13 lbs and 11 ins off of my body but GAINED so much confidence in myself and my ability to control how I LOOK and FEEL.  
After I did the full 8 week PiYO program, I also realized it would be an incredible supplement to my running program when I signed up for the Shamrock Half Marathon this past spring.  I came up with a great program of running 3 days a week and incorporating my favorite PiYO workouts on the other 3 days.  I ended up having a PR time on race day (sub 2 hrs) and no injuries or major soreness during my training!  Bottom line, if you are a runner and are looking for some workouts to supplement your running, PiYO should be in your arsenal.
If any of the above struck a chord with you, I invite you to fill out the short form below and join my for my upcoming PiYO Accountability group in August.  It’ll be an AMAZING 8 weeks of support and motivation from someone who has gotten GREAT results with the progam!!  
bit.ly/ShipShapeFitnessAccountabilityGroup
My first round of PiYO (June-July 2015)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS