Tina Bove : 1 year ago today, I joined my first Health and Fitness Accountability Group

1 year ago today, I joined my first Health and Fitness Accountability Group

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Hard to believe that exactly 1 year ago, June 1, 2015, I made a commitment to myself to get healthy and fit.  I was 6 weeks postpartum and the last 20 lbs I needed to lose to fit back in my work clothes just wasn't budging.  I knew I needed help and that's when a friend's post on Facebook popped up in my feed about an upcoming accountability group that was starting on my birthday and exactly when I was 6 weeks postpartum so I could start working out again.  
Losing weight after I had my daughter, 2 yrs prior, was pretty easy! I was able to eat whatever I wanted because I was breastfeeding, workout and the weight came off easily.  That did NOT happen this time around with my son.  Those pesky 20 lbs that I probably shouldn't have gained during my pregnancy were being stubborn!!! I knew I needed someone to keep me accountable to my workouts and getting my eating back on track.  Even though I was breastfeeding, I knew i needed to get my eating under control and just plain eat healthier.  
I'm so glad I signed up for that accountability group a year ago.  I did an 8 week program called PiYO and lost 13 lbs and 11 ins across my body.  More importantly, I gained confidence, could fit back in my work clothes and just felt so much healthier and alive because I was eating healthy and working out regularly.  The ladies in that group kept me motivated on days I didn't feel like working out and gave me great tips on how to make healthy eating a lifestyle and NOT just a diet!  
A year later, I'm the smallest and healthiest I've been since high school.  I not only look great but I FEEL great and that is the most important thing!  Cheers to rockin my hot, new bod at the beach this summer!!! 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS